I was procrastinating a bit today when I should have been writing. I decided to go and have a look at Drive Thru RPG to see if there were any new Vampire the Masquerade/Vampire the Dark Ages titles listed that I particularly wanted. I was specifically looking for V20 Dark Ages Companion and V20 Lore of the Bloodlines.
To give a bit of context, V20 Dark Ages Companion is a rules supplement for Vampire 20th Anniversary Edition: The Dark Ages. I have the V20 Companion for the modern day game, and it is really useful for adding a bit more detail around the politics of Elysium in Vampire. I am eager to get the Dark Ages Companion as I am really looking forward to see what it will add to the world, that has not already been covered by Tome of Secrets, and Liege, Lord & Lackey (Both of which I own and are brilliant)
V20 Lore of the Bloodlines is the sequel/companion book to V20 Lore of the Clans. V20 Lore of the Clans is a monster book, second only in size to the actual main rulebook and it covers the 13 main Vampire clans in the modern nights. It doesn’t go into the same detail as previous clanbooks, but what it lacks in individual depth it more than makes up for with a broad spectrum of information on the main 13. It is a fantastic resource for going a lot deeper than the basic info you get in the main book. Lore of the Bloodlines will be the same, but for the rarer bloodlines. That means that it might be used less frequently by players for history, but it is an amazing resource for Games Masters when creating adversaries that make their players scratch their heads and think “What on Earth?”
Sadly, neither were on Drive Thru RPG. So, I visited the Onyx Path Website (The publisher of the V20 line). I found a blog, with meeting notes. Some of which I have harvested and will paste below. You can also check out the full Monday Meeting Blog for yourself, if you like.
First Draft (The first phase of a project that is about the work being done by writers, not dev prep)
- Exalted 3rd Novel by Matt Forbeck (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Trinity Continuum: Aeon Rulebook (The Trinity Continuum)
- M20 Gods and Monsters (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- M20 Cookbook (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- M20 Book of the Fallen (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- CtD C20 Jumpstart (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Ex Novel 2 (Aaron Rosenberg) (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- C20 Novel (Jackie Cassada) (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Pugmire Fiction Anthology (Pugmire)
- Monarchies of Mau Early Access (Pugmire)
- Hunter: the Vigil 2e core (Hunter: the Vigil 2nd Edition)
- Scion: Origins (Scion 2nd Edition)
- Scion: Hero (Scion 2nd Edition)
- Kithbook Boggans (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition)
- VtR Half-Damned (Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition)
- WoD Ghost Hunters (World of Darkness)
- Trinity Continuum Core Rulebook (The Trinity Continuum)
- Pugmire Pan’s Guide for New Pioneers (Pugmire)
- The Realm (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Dragon-Blooded (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- BtP Beast Player’s Guide (Beast: the Primordial)
- Book of Freeholds (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition)
- V20 Dark Ages Jumpstart (Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition)
- GtS Geist 2e core (Geist: the Sin-Eaters Second Edition)
- W20 Changing Ways (Werewolf: the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Signs of Sorcery (Mage: the Awakening Second Edition)
- SL Ring of Spiragos (Pathfinder – Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
- Ring of Spiragos (5e – Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
- SL Dagger of Spiragos (Pathfinder – Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
- Dagger of Spiragos (5e– Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
- Arms of the Chosen (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition, featuring the Huntsmen Chronicle (Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition)
- BtP Building a Legend (Beast: the Primordial)
- W20 Song of Unmaking novel (Bridges) (Werewolf: the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition)
- CtD C20 Anthology (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Wraith: the Oblivion 20th Anniversary Edition
- CtL fiction anthology (Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition)
- VtR A Thousand Years of Night (Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition)
ART DIRECTION FROM MIRTHFUL MIKE:
In Art Direction
- Beckett’s Jyhad Diary – new stuff AD’d
- W20 Pentex Employee Indoctrination Handbook
- V20 Dark Ages Companion – More sketches… need to ping a couple of artists as they missed sketch deadline.
- Dagger of Spiragos – Sketches in and approved… as far as I know maps are on schedule.
- VTR: Thousand Years of Night
- Cavaliers of Mars – Sending notes out.
- Monarchies of Mau Early Access – Prepping notes for artists
- Prince’s Gambit – Kickstarter Prep.
- C20 – With Aileen
- M20 Book of Secrets – Moving into layout, but still dealing with artist shenanigans. It’s a large book… so it’ll be a while before it hits proofing.
- Pugmire – Inputting errata and prepping final file for indexing.
- EX3 Tomb of Dreams Jumpstart – first proof.
- Dark Eras Companion – First Proof… and hopefully artist shenanigans wrapping up soon.
- V20 Lore of the Bloodlines
- Ex 3 Screen – Shipped to fulfillment shippers.
- Ex 3 core book – Shipped to fulfillment shippers. Addresses at shippers.
- Secrets of the Covenants – PoD proofs ordered and we are waiting..
- Beckett Screen – Shipped to shipper.
- W20 Shattered Dreams – Shipped to fulfillment shippers.
- Shattered Dreams Screen – Shipped to shipper.
- Beast Conquering Heroes – Prepping PoD files.
- Mortal Remains: Beast- Red In Tooth and Claw – Uploaded and processing.
- Dark Eras : Fallen Blossoms – PoD proof ordered, may go on sale Wednesday if we get the proof in in time.
- Dark Eras: Beneath the Skin – Uploaded and Processing.
- Dark Eras: Out of the Cold – Uploaded and Processing.
- Necropolis Rio – Uploaded and processing.
Ok, so this post was quite interesting for me.
V20 Lore of the Bloodlines is in proofing. As someone doing a proofreading course right now, this is amazing to me. Proofreading generally happens at the end of the process to remove any errors that were previously missed. All the editing and typesetting have already happened. I interpret that one way.
Soon, My Precious
V20 Dark Ages Companion – In art direction. Ok, so that is probably a couple of months away at least. Oh well, I have managed so far, I can manage some more.
Then I started looking at the rest of the list as it occurred to me that some of my kickstarters might be there.
C20 (which I am assuming is the Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition) is in Layout. Given how things appear on the schedule above, I will assume that is the equivalent of typesetting and thus is quite far along. I haven’t had an update from them for a while, but it looks like Summer delivery is still on the cards.
Beckett’s Jyhad Diary – In art direction. So, a little bit behind C20, but to be expected as it was a later kickstarter than Changeling: the Dreaming.
Then I looked at the last part of the update, and found Beckett Screen – Shipped to Shipper. I quickly had a look at my Kickstarter Pledge and discovered that included in it is a Games Master Screen with handy rules inserts. That might arrive sooner. And I am just a bit excited about that!
Thanks for joining me on today’s procrastination along the Onyx Path. And just as a reminder, I am an affiliate of Drive Thru RPG. Any links pointing to their shop are affiliate links meaning, if you buy games from them by following the links you are supporting this site, and I appreciate that.
2 thoughts on “I got bored and started looking at Onyx Path…”
I have never played this RPG, but I always liked the setting. I remember reading a small background book for this series where the world was explained, and thoroughly enjoyed the world described. Somehow I have never gotten around to playing it.
There are so many books for this game! I love the setting, and I love that the various different games perfectly interlock